How it works
Through a program called Starter Company Plus, you can get:
- one-on-one guidance from a Small Business Enterprise Centre adviser
- mentoring with a local successful entrepreneur
- access to business workshops on topics from writing a business plan and budgeting, to executing a marketing campaign
- funding of up to $5,000
- experience running a business that will better position you to obtain more traditional financing, such as a bank loan
Who is eligible
You can apply if you are:
- an Ontario/Leeds Grenville resident aged 18 and over
- not attending school more than 20 hours a week or not working more than 20 hours in another job
- In your first 5 years of business
To qualify for funding of up to $5,000, you need to be able to contribute at least 25% (in cash or in kind) of the grant amount.
If you are on social assistance (Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program) you can still apply to Starter Company Plus. Payments from the program may be exempt as income and assets under social assistance, so your monthly social assistance payment may not be affected.
How to apply
Applications are accepted quarterly.
Please see our Events page for our next Information Session which allows you apply to the program. Information sessions are mandatory.
Contact us today to set up an appointment to get some guidance on next steps in your business, if you haven’t met with us yet, or if you have any further questions about the program.